Changing to BBand, new antivirus?

bri-an 07:30 08 Nov 07

If changing to BB from dial-up should I change my 'protection' setup.
At the moment I have AVG Free, and Zone Alarm Free and run Spybot and Adaware regularly, and have had little or no problems in the past.
Should I consider different for broadband, or leave what I have?
Any advice welcome.

Technotiger 07:34 08 Nov 07

Keep what you have, but also make sure you have a good Firewall - like click here it is Free but very good.

Technotiger 07:38 08 Nov 07

PS, ZA has been causing a few problems recently, that is why I advised Comodo.

Plus your own common sense of course, especially re unknown emails and programs that might suddenly appear on your desktop.

Welcome to the Fast-lane ......

bri-an 07:42 08 Nov 07

Thanks.
Is Comodo better than ZA?

bri-an 07:44 08 Nov 07

Crossed posts there!!
Yes, I do take great care with emails, etc.
If I choose Comodo should I ditch ZA (not wise to have 2 firewalls?? - or am I mistaken?).

lesbos123 07:48 08 Nov 07

i use pc tools firewall and find it very good

brundle 09:26 08 Nov 07

If you're happy with what you're using, stick with it - it is enough. And yes, 2 firewalls at the same time is a no-no.

Stuartli 09:28 08 Nov 07

I use the free version of ZoneAlarm - my modem router also has its firewall activated.

bri-an 10:08 08 Nov 07

Thanks for that,- but is the next post from stuartli saying that it's OK (if one of them is your router firewall?).
I'm a bit more confused!

p;3 10:30 08 Nov 07

just also be aware that your broadband package may come WITH a(hopefully optional, and disableable if you wish ) antivirus bit within it ;so , yes, you may need to do a re-think

also; keep spybot, adaware, and add superantispyware
click here

(free version home users is the link you need )

and a LOT of user common sense as , if you have yet no experience with broadband, you will find that things normally happen a wee bit( a LOT!!) faster than dial up

bri-an 21:06 08 Nov 07

Thanks, sorry for delay replying- been away all day- forgot to say I do also have superantispyware.
Thanks again for all the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009