changing from aol

Stephjh 09:50 22 Jan 04

due to some trouble I am having with aol, I decided to leave them, but have been advised to ask for help as aol is hard to uninstall properly, also I have a freeserve sign up disc, should I install that first or uninstall aol first. please would someone be good enough to advise me?

spikeychris 10:02 22 Jan 04

Urban myth I'm afraid, although AOL is more invasive than most other ISP's its not hard to remove. click here for instructions with Win98, same applies for all O/S.

Uninstall AOL first then install another ISP.

Stephjh 12:25 22 Jan 04

have uninstalled aol, installed freeserve, but it is still trying to send email via aol, and saying cannot foind host aol, please can someone advise?

Big Elf 12:38 22 Jan 04

You may need to create a new mail account from Tools, Accounts, Internet Options. Click on the Mail tab then click new and follow the wizard.

You will need to enter pop.freeserve.net for the pop server and smtp.freeserve.net

You may then have to delete the AOL account.

Big Elf 12:41 22 Jan 04

The account name will be whatever is shown after the @ sign e.g. name.freeserve.co.uk

Stephjh 12:51 22 Jan 04

I have been into accounts and deleted aol from there. I have pop.freeserve.net. but not smtp.freeserve.net

Big Elf 12:53 22 Jan 04

Thanks for the email. You need to enter the smtp.freeserve.net in the smtp box

Stephjh 13:00 22 Jan 04

thanks for you help, it is sorted.

gold 47 19:53 22 Jan 04

AFTER YOU UNINSTALL AOL REBOOT AND DO A SEARCH FOR AOL YOU WILL FIND MORE FILES DELETE THEM AND INSTALL YOUR NEW ISP AS HAS BEEN SAID ALREADY.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…