Changes in free disk space?

Big Dave 20002 19:52 04 Mar 04

My computer running Win. XP Home 1.3 Athlon Processror,512SDRAM 40 Gig Drive
Last night I had approx 20.5 gigs free. This morning I appear to have only 12.5Gigs.
I have not downloaded any files or programmes.
Anybody any clues ???

I read in PC ADISOR the answer to this some months ago but can't find the answer now. If some kind person could give me the answer or tell me which issue of PC ADVISOR it was in I can look it up.

Thanks in advance

hugh-265156 20:22 04 Mar 04

not sure.system restore can use up quite a bit over time but not 8 or 9 gigs overnight click here

there is a vey useful freeware tool available to visually show what space each program etc is using on your drive but i cannot remember the name of it sorry.sombody will know.may help.

Big Dave 20002 23:16 04 Mar 04

Thanks for the info huggya but my resore system only seems to have about 1028Mb. used.
Anybody else any ideas?

hugh-265156 00:15 05 Mar 04

am still looking for that little program.similar to drivemapper but still cant remember the name sorry.shows a visual display of the space each program or item of software is using on your drive.

have you run an up to date av and did a check for spyware etc just in case with adaware or spybot?

hugh-265156 00:16 05 Mar 04

actually....what about trying system restore back to yesterday when all was ok?

Big Dave 20002 01:12 05 Mar 04

Hi Huggy
I tried that. Sorry. No luck. Any other ideas?
Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…