Changeing HDD

joe-wilson 00:55 AM 09 Dec 11

First of all, A BIG THANK YOU to the peeps that helped me get my laptop going again,. But now I have HDD that is filling up fast, So I have purchased a bigger HDD,

My next question is this,

HOW do I "Clone / copy" my present HDD with ALL boot files ect to a Larger VIRGIN drive, So that I can simply take out my "Old drive" and put in my "NEW DRIVE" and boot up as norm.

Again All input will be Greatly Appreciated, Cheers, Joe.

rdave13 01:36 AM 09 Dec 11

I've always used Paragon software to clone. It will clone the hard drive to the same proportions, if you have partitions, to the new drive. It's not free but the 10 version is now eleven pounds at Amazon.

I haven't used any free programs to do this but I think there are some good ones that will do it. I suggest you wait a while until someone else can recommend a freebie.

ICF 07:35 AM 09 Dec 11

You will need a hard drive enclosure & software.

Software Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 (last item on page free for 15 days)

External enclosure Hard drive enclosure (For up to 500GB)

ICF 07:36 AM 09 Dec 11
  KRONOS the First 08:27 AM 09 Dec 11

Easus ToDo is another excellent program, free and very simple to use. Copy drive.

joe-wilson 12:13 PM 09 Dec 11

AGAIN, Thanks guys, as soon as my new Drive & Caddy turn up I shall do as instructed. A VERY big cheers to ALL that have helped me sort this out. HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11