Changed XP font size

agarm11 09:16 31 Jul 04

It appears that my windows system font has changed to bold. For instance, when I go into Outlook,tools, email ac*!@:s, to tweak the settings, the font in the pop up box is bold and possibly larger. Meaning that it is not possible to see all the text in the fixed width box, as some of it disappears out of the right hand side. My guess is that something in the registry needs tweaking, but what I'm not sure. All other fonts elsewhere are fine.

agarm11 16:17 31 Jul 04

bump

SANTOS7 16:23 31 Jul 04
  agarm11 20:00 31 Jul 04

Thanks Santos7, I've just tried all of those but still no change. Even tried a system restore, still no joy.

THE TERMINATOR 20:11 31 Jul 04

Go to display properties and choose appearance tab, advanced button, and choose Message Box or similar with the font in it and change font size to size 8....TT

agarm11 00:23 01 Aug 04

Thanks for the reply TT, but I tried that and the text in the example is fine, but even after saving that, its still too big and bold in message boxes.

agarm11 01:12 01 Aug 04

An update - the problem seems to be in MS Office application message windows only, all other message windows seem fine.

agarm11 09:30 01 Aug 04

Another update - I've narrowed it down slightly, the problem only happens in Outlook. Word etc are fine.

VoG II 09:34 01 Aug 04

If this is Office 2000 or later, try Detect and Repair from the Help menu in Outlook.

agarm11 09:48 01 Aug 04

Thanks for that Vog, its actually Outlook 2003. Just tried that still no change :-( The text is definitely bold, but its size (though not overly large) is even pushing some of the buttons off the righthand side of the options pane.

VoG II 09:56 01 Aug 04

In Outlook try Tools/Options, Other tab, Advanced Options button, Font button.

I'm not sure what this does but worth a shot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…