changed website

ro1 10:21 22 Oct 03

why oh why did you change your website - theres a saying 'if it aint broke dont fix it...' - im having difficulty with another website which has totally changed and gone 'digital' - progress.....................

if it is broken, and this one definitely was, it's as wise to fix it. this is sooo.. much quicker (and graphically superior).

ro1 11:40 24 Oct 03

oh horiz5 - how could you say that - it was a relatively easy site (bearing in mind im an old biddy (and no wisecracks)) who cares about superiority 9 if it works leave it alone......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rawprawn 13:55 24 Oct 03

I agree with horiz5, I think that the new format is much better & faster except I would like to be able to read questions that I am responding to while typing the answer. I was getting serious delays & problems with trhe old site towards the end.

BarryKeith 14:04 24 Oct 03

It is now very much faster and more responsive, It is also much easier to read. As Rawprawn says, the only other improvement would be to be able to see the question as you type your answer, but that would be a major step and would involve a second window being open to type your answer into.

Stuartli 14:33 24 Oct 03

If we never changed anything that works we would still all be riding on Stephenson's Rocket, driving Model T Fordsor using punch holed paper with the 50 ton computer housed in our front room...:-)

plankton 15:38 24 Oct 03

Dont be silly Stuartli, it would take up the whole ground floor!;o))

By the way I still dont think its that quick, but do like the format now its settled down.

ro1 12:31 25 Oct 03

hi stuartli - i remember stephenson's rocket - it worked!!!!!!and plankton, you're right - it isnt THAT much faster......but i am getting used to it now...oh woe is me......marfbum/joy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now