changed the pixles and it went blank

sidmo 18:35 08 Feb 03

i was chaing the pixles on my compiter and i tried to maek them smaller but everytime i start my pc up it says out of rang on my screen then it goes black adn i have no idea how to fix it!

Djohn 18:38 08 Feb 03

Make and size of monitor/graphics card, and operating system please, you will probably need to go into safe mode to alter.

Stuartli 18:45 08 Feb 03

Your graphics card and/or monitor appear to be unable to reproduce the resolution setting you require.

Check with the card and monitor manuals exactly what they can achieve - a basic monitor will not handle resolutions or refresh rates as high as those of a more expensive model.

sidmo 19:22 08 Feb 03

just found this post (posted by my daughter not me). She was altering the display settings when screen went blank and said ' out of range', she's not sure what she did. its win 98se O/S and I get the same message when I try to start in safe mode. Hope this clarifies it.

Djohn 19:33 08 Feb 03

Does your screen display stay on when you start in safe mode?

sidmo 19:37 08 Feb 03

DJohn - no, all I get is a black screen

Djohn 19:57 08 Feb 03

sidmo, the only thing I can think of, is to borrow a monitor, and once you get a display, then go into control panel and change the settings of the graphics card.

If the monitor that is blank at the moment is 15" then set to 600x400 at 75hz. If 17" then 800x600 at 75hz. this will enable you to re-connect your monitor and set it back to it's correct frequency.

sidmo 21:34 08 Feb 03

DJohn - thanks very much for your suggestion, glad to say it worked. Good job we've got more than 1 computer.

Djohn 22:07 08 Feb 03

sidmo, Only too pleased to have been of help, chuffed your back in working order. J.

PS, Dont' forget to tick as resolved, all the best. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…