changed to NTL nightmare!

cina 15:04 21 Sep 03

changed to NTL from BT, mistake already. I ran the disc, which i'm not completely happy that it finshed istallation properly. Anyway it must have because i've got my registration details bac. email address username etc.
Problem is iu cant connect to the internet four days i've connected twice. after speaking to thier line managers and all the experts at ntl they say my modem must be duff. how come i'm sendfing this.
if it dials 10 timesit tells me that caNNOT CONNECT "Nn Answer". must be out to lunch.
help please. can i get out of the 12 deal, they are not provided the service promised. back to BT

JIM 15:17 21 Sep 03

Have you thought about a uninstall then reinstall of the software as you may find that might help.
If you try again,make sure no other programs are running during the installation.Also reboot after uninstall of software then reinstall.

Andsome 15:48 21 Sep 03

Turn off AV before reinstall

Have got ntl myself and never had a problem. Connected using rj45 cable as heard of probs connecting with usb. Could this be the prob?

J

grabster 17:22 21 Sep 03

Used ntl for a good while before i got sick of the non existent service,changed to pipex and never looked back...
don't even think about phoning tech support.

Alan Ryan 17:27 21 Sep 03

They do a competent job at giving technical support if you don't mind hanging on the phone listening to messages and music for about an hour before you get hold of someone you can talk to.

gold 47 17:30 21 Sep 03

Check that the modem is set up for UK also check regional language is set to UK this is along shot
also make sure you have entered country region code click on network connections and right click the NTL icon

A15 17:31 21 Sep 03

Are you having problems with dial-up or broadband? If it's dial-up then I know what you mean, I upgraded to their broadband service & I must say it's excellent. I have only had around two outages in over a year.

cdb 17:36 21 Sep 03

I went to NTL broadband from BT broadband without a problem, The disc ran fine first time. ( I didn't turn any av software off or uninstall the bt connection first like I should have)
My friend across the road tried going to NTL broadband and had hell on. I eventually got it up and running for them by manually installing it, but had a problem with the usb modem not being recognised on start up. I eventually sorted that by doing a full uninstall and reinstall of the modem and it's worked ok since.

dfghjkl 19:07 21 Sep 03

no probs,and there customer support is good,and not a £1 a minute like others

cina 20:34 21 Sep 03

just got back on.
about deleting and reinstalling.
i have just looked for any mention of ntl in add/delete progs, not there. also nowhere on program list.
very strange
any ideas
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…