Changed icons?

martin p 09:33 19 Jul 09

Hi All.
I ran the microsoft, free scan to see if there was anything untoward, after about 3 hours I decided to cancel the scan, after doing so all bar three of my desktop icons had changed to white square blue border, and in the border a very small red green blue miniture set of icons within it, near the bottem,
Right clicking to change the icon does not work either.
Any idia's please
Thanks MP

Technotiger 09:46 19 Jul 09

Right click My Computer and select Properties>Advanced Tab>Performance
section>Settings button>Visual effects Tab, scroll down and ensure you have the following box checked "Use drop shadows for icon labels on
desktop." Click Apply then OK.

Arthur Scrimshaw 10:14 19 Jul 09

download 'Tweak UI' (XP Powertoys)and install, run it and select 'repair'rebuild icons'

click here

martin p 11:40 19 Jul 09

Forgot to mention i am on Vista Premium.

Technotiger,
thanks have tried that as you suggested but still did'nt work, but i have noticed that the original icons can be seen protruding from the sides of this overlay version ?

Technotiger 11:46 19 Jul 09

Try a System Restore, back to before you did any of the above.

martin p 12:01 19 Jul 09

Thanks again, Technotiger, But I tried that as a first recourse.

MP

martin p 17:46 19 Jul 09

Something else I have just found out, all my pictures are icon only, and will not change to a thumb nail what ever I click ?

HELP PLEASE !!

martin p 14:06 02 Aug 09

Technotiger.
Thanks for your advice, after installing Vista issue 2, part of the problem was cured, then i applied your suggestions after this and hey presto, it is now all working and thank you.
Regards MP

Technotiger 14:53 02 Aug 09

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5