Changed e-mail address, still getting Spam.

Cook2 15:43 11 Jan 05

I've been using Eliminate Spam for some time and it sends them all to the Junk or Quarantine folders which I have to delete, usually on a daily basis. Many are 'flagged'. I have tried banning senders and phrases in the Subject line but they appear to get round that by changing just one letter/number.

It's been suggested in the past, in these threads, that it's best to change the e-mail address, which I did yesterday and all seemed well but today I've had 9, 7 Quarantined and 2 in Junk folder.

Before and after changing my address I checked with Spybot, Adaware and Microsofts AntiSpyware that my system was clean.

I used to use Mailwasher but got fed up going through the list each time to sort out the wanted from the unwanted.

Any suggestions please?

jagx400 16:12 11 Jan 05

I know this aint the complete solution but if you want to try gmail I have a few invites, been using it now for a few wkeks and have had only 1 spam

Buchan 35 20:44 11 Jan 05

Cook 2 I`ve been using spybot, regularly updated , and AdAware SE also regularly updated and I`ve had no spam for about 6 months. I`ve also got AVG7, Avast $ Sp2 and it`s own firewall. I hope I`m not counting my chickens too early. But without being complacent I feel protected.

Cook2 22:33 11 Jan 05

I can't understand how, with the new mail address, they got to me inside 24 hours.

How? I'm totally confused.

Buchan 35 23:47 11 Jan 05

I`m not totally sure about this Cook 2 but are`nt you a Photographig businesman who will unfortunately pick up these idiots ?

Buchan 35 23:51 11 Jan 05

Should have finished my thread, you obviously need better security. I`m going back to bottle of wine now and I sincerely wish you well. Big answer is get protected

Cook2 00:38 12 Jan 05

Even more confused now. I changed my address from **********2@blueyonder.co.uk to **********@blueyonder.co.uk

I decided to revert back to Mailwasher but still received mail to the old address.

Used CCleaner to get rid of any rubbish.

I checked the system was clean, again, then deleted restore points. Rebooted, re-enabled restore points.

I've searched everywhere, I think, but can find anywhere showing my old address.

Cook2 20:52 12 Jan 05

Success, at last. I left it for a few hours to give my poor old head a rest and when I returned and checked, I realised I hadn't configered the filters on Mailwasher properly.

So it looks like it's resolved.

maddos 20:16 13 Jan 05

cook2, as far as I'm aware, it is no good changing what comes before the @ sign. You need to change your user name. That is what comes after the @ sign. Hope this helps

Cook2 21:30 13 Jan 05

But with Bluyonder I have to use e.g.

joebloggs2@blueyonder.co.uk

if I change it to joebloggs@blueyonder.co.uk

or

joe.bloggs2@blueyonder.co.uk

howdo they find me so quickly.

I can't use joe@bloggs.blueyonder.co.uk.

maddos 11:59 15 Jan 05

COOK2. I can only go by wannadoo. which says the part before the @sign is not unique. The part after the @ sign,but before the full stop, must be unique to you. The part after the full stop is the providers part of the address and will always remain the same. Example " john12@smith.wannadoo.co.uk" So I can't see why you cannot use"joe@bloggs.blueyonder.co.uk. As i said you can put any name before the @ sign, and the e-mail will still go to you. So to reiterate it is of no use just changing the part before the @ sign.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced