change Windows XP registration code

suburban train 18:25 26 May 03

I have windows Xp installed on my PC but i need to change the Windows XP code how do u do it cheers

Abs

Djohn 18:28 26 May 03

Not quite sure what you mean, which code?

hoverman 18:29 26 May 03

You can't change it. The registration code is unique to each copy of XP.

hoverman 18:31 26 May 03

I have assumed that by registration code you are referring to the software Product Key.

suburban train 18:36 26 May 03

yes its the product key that needs changing

Djohn 18:40 26 May 03

Only Microsoft themselves can do that for you, Give them a call. J.

hoverman 18:41 26 May 03

You have me baffled! Why should you want to change the Product Key? You should have a Product Key for your copy of XP which I assume is a legimate copy. I repeat, you cannot change it.

leo49 18:42 26 May 03

Actually,the Product ID can be changed and MS provide a knowledge paper[328874] with instructions how to do it - this was necessitated by the leakage of Corporate ID's and the fact that MS embedded in SP1 methods of identifying those IDs and preventing the installation from going ahead]

-pops- 18:43 26 May 03

I can't imagine any circumstances where this action would be required, not legal ones anyway.

hoverman 18:45 26 May 03

As Djohn correctly says, only Microsoft can do this but I can't imagine why they would allow you change it. You would need a very good reason for doing so.

leo49 18:47 26 May 03

Legal circumstances are where the preventative measures embedded in SP1 misidentify a legal ID and prevent installation. Apparently one then has to obtain a new ID from MS and follow the procedures laid down to change it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…