change Windows XP registration code

suburban train 18:25 26 May 03

I have windows Xp installed on my PC but i need to change the Windows XP code how do u do it cheers

Abs

Djohn 18:28 26 May 03

Not quite sure what you mean, which code?

hoverman 18:29 26 May 03

You can't change it. The registration code is unique to each copy of XP.

hoverman 18:31 26 May 03

I have assumed that by registration code you are referring to the software Product Key.

suburban train 18:36 26 May 03

yes its the product key that needs changing

Djohn 18:40 26 May 03

Only Microsoft themselves can do that for you, Give them a call. J.

hoverman 18:41 26 May 03

You have me baffled! Why should you want to change the Product Key? You should have a Product Key for your copy of XP which I assume is a legimate copy. I repeat, you cannot change it.

leo49 18:42 26 May 03

Actually,the Product ID can be changed and MS provide a knowledge paper[328874] with instructions how to do it - this was necessitated by the leakage of Corporate ID's and the fact that MS embedded in SP1 methods of identifying those IDs and preventing the installation from going ahead]

-pops- 18:43 26 May 03

I can't imagine any circumstances where this action would be required, not legal ones anyway.

hoverman 18:45 26 May 03

As Djohn correctly says, only Microsoft can do this but I can't imagine why they would allow you change it. You would need a very good reason for doing so.

leo49 18:47 26 May 03

Legal circumstances are where the preventative measures embedded in SP1 misidentify a legal ID and prevent installation. Apparently one then has to obtain a new ID from MS and follow the procedures laid down to change it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…