Change from Windows 8 to Windows XP

raywis 10:49 15 Sep 13
Answered

I have a Dell XPS 8500 i3 core 8 GB DDR 3 memory dell board ONW73C with 1 tera bite HD. Windows 8 operating system. Would the computer run all of the memory and HD capacity if I changed the operating system to Win Xp. I just dont like windows 8. Could you please advise me on this.

Thanks in Advance Ray

onthelimit1 13:19 15 Sep 13

Totally agree with the above - W8 with classicshell is fast and almost like previous versions to use.

raywis 15:01 15 Sep 13

Jock1e I'm not the person in your reply I'm from Scotland not India. I hope he not making me look bad

woodchip 18:23 15 Sep 13

As above if you can turn Classic Mode on it should be okay. But how to do it in 8 I do not know. Other Win Versions was just a case of right click on Task Bar then Properties.

rdave13 18:47 15 Sep 13

raywis , problems you would encounter installing XP are, sata drivers, if 64-bit XP then all memory would be seen and lastly, all other drivers, including the mobo ones,ie chipset drivers. Hardware on a modern PC has no regard to obsolete OSs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…