change from vista to windows 7

rocketbob 19:43 PM 24 Jan 12

i am going to change from vista to windows 7.i am going to do a clean install. i have run windows 7 advisor and have 6 issues which can be fixed. i have backed up my files. but how do i work out which programs to back up and how , can i use windows easey transfer

iscanut2 20:38 PM 24 Jan 12

You cant normally just back up programs, you need to reinstall them afresh. Anyone out there used the Easy Transfer ?

john bunyan 21:17 PM 24 Jan 12
  difarn 21:28 PM 24 Jan 12

Programmes will have to be reinstalled. Windows Easy Transfer is fairly straightforward. You need to decide how you are going to do this - an external hard drive, usb flash drive or cd are good options if you don't have an easy transfer data cable. You can of course transfer via a network but both computers have to be connected to the same network.

This article explains the process.

I assume that you want to change from 32 bit to 64 bit and that is why you are doing a clean install. If you are upgrading from vista 32bit to windows 7 32bit you could of course retain all of your files and programmes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off