Change program which opens when jpg file accessed

the mole 09:14 30 Sep 04

How do I change which program a file opens in?
All my jpg files open in PaintShop and display a paint shop icon.

Can you change all jpgs in one go?

AndySD 09:25 30 Sep 04

Hold down the SHIFT button and right click on a .jpg file. chooese Open With then Change Program.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:26 30 Sep 04

My computer--Tools--Folder options-- File types--

Scroll down to jpeg and select. In opens with, will say paintshop, click change box and select your new program from the lists provided.

the mole 10:09 30 Sep 04

I do not get 'Open with' option when I hold down shft and right click. I am running windows 98 SE

Fruit Bat

It says open with CamMedia not Paintshop and I have tried changing it to something else but it still opens in PShop

Any other ideas pleas chaps?

AndySD 12:24 30 Sep 04

Try using Control and Right Click

Pesala 12:36 30 Sep 04

Just right-click and select Open With, then choose program, and wait for the list to come up. Then choose the program, and check the box that says "Always use this program to open these files."

the mole 08:13 01 Oct 04

Sorry but Control Right Click still doesn't give me the option to "Open With"
I do not get the option Open With

Thanks but any more clues please

User-312386 08:42 01 Oct 04

single left click the icon first, now hold down the shift key, now right click the icon, now select open with

the mole 08:34 05 Oct 04

Thanks Madboy33 that has worked great.

User-312386 08:37 05 Oct 04

My Pleasure

It doesn't work for me with Win98SE. Picture Viewer has somehow grabbed all my JPGs. I have never asked it to change file types. If I left click on a JPG file icon, Picture Viewer opens as soon as I press shift. I cannot get rid of it by the File Type route, either, and I cannot print from it. There is often a crash, too. I have reinstalled Picture Viewer without success. I have to open all JPG files in Adobe Photoshop. Can I get all JPGs out of Picture Viewer in one go, please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…