Change partition size in Win 98

number9 13:33 28 Aug 05

My HDD was partitioned with a smaller C: drive than the D: drive. Applicatioons on the C drive have almost filled the partition, whilst there's lots of room on the D drive. I would like to change the partition sizes to give more room for apps.
How should I do this?
Can I avoid reformatting the HDD (I don't have a burner - V. old laptop)?
What is the most suitable and straight forward software to do this? (Is there a free one?).
Is is best not to have a partition at all?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

daxian 13:50 28 Aug 05

hi mumber9....
the simplest thing to do is to install the new apps to the d: drive ....
most install programs give you the option during the installation ...
the other option would be to invest in a program like partiton magic ,which will enable you to resize the partitions (not sure how much,but this option will cost you pounds!!!)
option 3 ...partition format, reinstall which means backing up all you data ....Dave.

daxian 13:51 28 Aug 05

hi mumber9....
the other option would be to invest in a program like partiton magic ,which will enable you to resize the partitions (not sure how much,but this option will cost you pounds!!!)
option 3 ...partition format, reinstall which means backing up all you data ....Dave.

daxian 13:51 28 Aug 05

hi mumber9....

daxian 13:53 28 Aug 05

sorrrrryyyyy ...time out thing happened

pj123 14:01 28 Aug 05

A free partition manager is Ranish.

Download it from click here

whether you need to have a partition or not depends on the size of your hard drive. I have an 80gb HDD partitioned 20/60. All applications and O/S are on C: and all my personal data/files etc are on D:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…