CHANGE PAGES AAAAAAGGHH......NO

menorcarob2 15:06 31 Jul 03

I use nof7 this is my site click here I have forms that are submitted via e-mail, as you will see a lot of my pages are the same, but the languages are different. Do you know of a shortcut for this, as I have to make changes to at least 20 pages every time I add a client the complete site will be about 9600 pages.
Any ideas would be appreciated. also any ideas for the site

Forum Editor 18:22 31 Jul 03

You have a separate intro page for each language, and a separate category page - why don't you include all the languages on the same category page? You could have the word for say, 'Divers' in English, then underneath that the word in German and so on - all in one table. Hyperlink the words to the appropriate lists, which are all just names, so are the same in any language, and then hyperlink the names to sites.

That way, all the categories are listed in one table, but in all the languages. The name pages are all you would need to update, when a name is added, but you would only be updating one page.

The table text size could be a lot smaller - which would help.

You don't need separate category pages for each language, surely......or am I missing something?

menorcarob2 22:26 31 Jul 03

i understand some of what you are saying however how do i get asround my problem

menorcarob2 22:32 31 Jul 03

please believe me a simple solution is my best course

Forum Editor 22:56 31 Jul 03

in fact it couldn't be simpler could it?

1. Put all the language versions of each category word in the same table.

2. Hyperlink each word(no matter what language) to the list of suppliers/contractors names for that category.

3. Then link the name to the appropriate web site.

The problem you'll be left with is that there will not be a separate version of the site in each language, but there's no automated way of dealing with that - it isn't possible.

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:00 01 Aug 03

the strange emails I received earlier. Do as FE says (he knows a lot more than me),and I will email you about the other item separately.

menorcarob2 09:10 01 Aug 03

the pages all have different languages on them as instructions so i still need to have a different page for all of them with the different suppliers on, does anybody know how i can insert for example a picture of the suppliers grid which i could link to all of the different pages, what software could i use.

Forum Editor 18:23 01 Aug 03

obviously has to be written separately in each language, but you only have to do this once. Then, once you have created the suppliers' table for one language you can copy and paste it into the other language pages - the names and hyperlinks will remain the same, no matter what the language. You'll obviously have to do this each time you add a supplier, but there's no way around that without getting involved with server-side databases and ASP pages. If you aren't familiar with those techniques you might find the learning curve a bit steep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…