Change name on computer+hdmi cable.

birdface 11:20 07 Feb 11
Answered

Hi.Giving my son my computer with W/7 32Bit and just wanted to know how to change the name on the computer.
I know how to do it on user account but not on the computer itself.

2nd problem is the new computer has an HDMI slot and I am also using a Samsung TV/Monitor which also has a HDMI slot.
Now if I connect the HDMI cable to the comuter and TV/Monitor will it interfere with the TV channels that I receive.
Channels are not digital as the aerial does not have a good signal.
I don't have an hdmi cable yet to try it so thought that I would ask the question first.

BRYNIT 11:36 07 Feb 11

Can not answer first part.

The HDMI will not interfere with your TV channels. Think of the HDMI connection as an update to the older scart connections.

Sea Urchin 11:37 07 Feb 11

For the first part of your question the following thread should hopefully help

click here

Sadly I don't know enough about cables and PC/TV connections to offer any suggestions but I'm sure somebody will

birdface 11:39 07 Feb 11

Looks like this may change the name.
click here
So insted of say Toms Computer I could change it to Harry's computer.
Would that be correct as that is what I am looking for my sons name instead of mine.

birdface 11:46 07 Feb 11

Thanks BRYNIT and Sea Urchin that solves any problems with hdmi and the change of name.
I will not be able to change the name until I get the other computer installed again.
But will let you know how i get on.

birdface 17:17 07 Feb 11

Ok Sea Urchin I followed my click here and yours and also changed the user account and everything looks like it is working Ok now with the new name change.

BRYNIT
If you are still about are all hdmi cables the same or is there different ones for computers.

Will class as resolved now Thank you both for your help.

birdface 13:27 18 Feb 11
Answer

Everything worker perfectly he now has his own name on the computer and I just fitted the Hdmi cable this morning and it works a treat far better picture Etc on the computer.
Once again thanks for the information received.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…