change my search- engine

Alfredo 15:43 03 Oct 03

i would like to change my 'search engine from yahoo to google and i have dine the usual (gone to internet options and changed to google and pressed 'apply') , but when i start to browse . i'm back onto yahoo
i'm running xp pro and have n.t.l. broadband .
please help................alf

Al94 17:01 03 Oct 03

Install the Google toolbar from click here
then set your homepage to whatever you want. Handy to have the toolbar there and it catches a lot of annoying popups as well. You cam also go to Google.com homepage and when there, click on tools - internet options - general and click on "use current" then OK. This will set Google as default

Sparks 17:26 03 Oct 03

Not quite sure hat you mean as I don't have XP, is it your homepage your referring to?

Sparks 14:50 04 Oct 03

If it is homepage I would assume it is set as default in NTL settings. To change this select
My computer/ Internet settings/right click NTL/select properties then using arrows scroll along tool-bar and select WWW and change home page too whatever you want and click save. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…