Change My Documents

steve263000 14:51 03 Oct 06

When I click on 'open' in word or excel etc, the 'My Documents folder open as the default. I would like to change the default opening folder to one of my own choice. I know it can be done, but I cannot remember how to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

VoG II 15:01 03 Oct 06

Word Tools > Options > File Locations tab

Excel Tools > Options > General tab

steve263000 08:11 04 Oct 06

Thanks VoG. In word it was fine, and I have changed it. In excel however there is not a browse option, and after manually putting in the file path name I wanted, the message 'could not accesss the file' came up.

VoG II 14:52 04 Oct 06

Have you tried navigating to the folder in Windows Explorer, copying the address from the address bar then pasting into the file location box in Excel?

steve263000 13:17 05 Oct 06

VoG, it has been sorted. Thank you for the ideas. I took your suggestion and away to go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…