change MSN search engine in Internet explorer ?

govanboy 15:10 29 Sep 06

Hi Can I change MSN search engine to GOOGLE or ASK ? When I type question in Internet explorer I'm fed up with American answers { or lack of as case might be ! )
Appreciate help Govanboy

postie24 15:59 29 Sep 06

hi govanboy.type in google in your msn search.when the google page comes up,it will ask you if you want to make google your home page.just click on it

ArrGee 16:03 29 Sep 06

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, and in the section where it says 'Home Page', type in click here

ArrGee 16:05 29 Sep 06

Sorry, where it says 'click here' in my post, that should have been www . google . co . uk (all without the spaces)

govanboy 00:19 30 Sep 06

Thanks guys , Had preferred to change search engine without changing my chosen home page but the change to Google is fine compromise .

ArrGee 08:51 30 Sep 06

In that case, you can leave your home page in the same way that I have mentioned previously, and just add Google (or your preferred search engine) to your 'Favourites'.

terryf 14:51 30 Sep 06

Have you tried Firefox and making Google your deault home page leaving IE to the different desired home page? You can run either or both browsers simultaneously

terryf 14:52 30 Sep 06

Sorry deault should of course be default

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5