Change keyboard on Lifebook S6010wb

Judderman 12:23 12 Mar 09

HELP!!!

Does anybody know how to get access to a Fujitsu Lifebook S6010wb to change the keyboard? We're getting stange results when typing, often getting three charaters from a single keypress. I think this comes from when the lappy was dropped a few weeks back, changing the keyboard seems to be the best option. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

T0SH 15:54 12 Mar 09

Can I suggest the fault probably lies elsewhere than the actual keyboard, simply because of where it is located sandwiched between the lid/screen and the base, it is probably one of the most protected parts in the event of an accidental drop

Cheers HC

Judderman 18:44 12 Mar 09

Thanks for the reply, and I hear what you say, but, keyboard membranes are fragile and the laptop works fine with a usb keyboard attached so I still see it as the most likely culprit.

wiz-king 19:07 12 Mar 09

Judderman, it may only be a loose connection. There will most likely be a ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the main circuit board, when you find your way in check both ends of the ribbon. How you get in -- pass!

Judderman 10:48 18 Mar 09

OMG!!! it's so simple. Having removed every screw, panel and component, I now know simple it is; just remove the 2 screws from underneath the keyboard and prise out from the front (space bar) and you're done.

Thanks to those who replied, hope this is of some help to others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…