Change $ key to £ on US keyboard

  Doug29 15:16 19 Mar 05

Is there a way to change the $ key to £ on a US keyboard. Many thanks

  JayDay 16:03 19 Mar 05

I think you mean that your keyboard is set to US. I don't think they make different keyboards. Go to Control Panel and select Date, Time, Language and Regional Options, Regional and Language Options. Select languages tab at the top and click on details. Change the keyboard layout to UK English.

  Pesala 16:26 19 Mar 05

If you're using a US keyboard, you can type a £ sign with Control Alter Shift 4.

  €dstowe 19:14 19 Mar 05

They do make American keyboards without any £ sign and other keys moved around.

Other languages have their own key layout as well. As an example a French layout starts A Z E R T Y instead of the English Q W E R T Y.

If you really do have an American keyboard, Doug29, you can buy quite reasonable UK ones for not very much money.

  woodchip 19:22 19 Mar 05

Is it a laptop. If not go to Control Panel Regional and Languages icon double click and change to British English

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…