Change ISP Help

Charlie37 18:53 10 Jan 03
  Charlie37 18:53 10 Jan 03

I currently have a BT Surftime package together with BT as the ISP (Daytime Icon and a Surftime Icon).

My question is, I want to change over to Freeserve Anytime. Do I have to keep the BT Surftime Package?

Sorry for being so dim I`ve never had to change ISP before!

Chas

Lú-tzé 19:20 10 Jan 03

I think not - freeserve anytime is (as far as I can ascertain) unconnected with surftime.

caast ©™ 19:37 10 Jan 03

You dont have to use BT as your ISP you have the choice. However if your line rental is with BT you will still have the line rental, and any other addon's such as family & friends, free local after 6 and weekends etc.

I,m not sure about freeserve cost's some cost's are sometimes associated within BT's like Talk and surf packages that are added to your phone bill, that is something you will have to check out.

Is it really freeserve anytime is anything for free? what cost's are involved?, if there are no cost's for surfing at anytime please let me have the details.

Lú-tzé 21:15 10 Jan 03

Freeserve anytime is about £15 per month - so not that free! It means you can connect anytime - hence the name, but I don't think it is unlimited.

Paranoid Android 21:42 10 Jan 03

Do you have BT Surf Together call package for your phone bill ? If so, I think it will no longer benefit you if you stop using BT as your ISP, and it costs you money, so you may as well cancel it.

I could be mistaken but worth checking out.

Marvin

Charlie37 21:44 10 Jan 03

Thanks to all who replied.
Chas

Paranoid Android 21:44 10 Jan 03

PS Freeserve anytime - You pay a monthly fee but then the calls are free - useful for heavy duty surfers with big phone bills !

Marvin

Strawballs 23:37 10 Jan 03

It's all very well saying that, but if it's anything like BTOpenworld/Internet, heavy users get penalised. We were completely cut off and our account was deleted because we used it too often. So, not necessarily good for heavy users.

deke 01:25 11 Jan 03

check out this link

freeserve is going cheap to new members
click here

Charlie37 11:47 11 Jan 03

Thanks for all your help!

Chas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…