CHANGE OF ISP

Chrissy R 20:15 28 Apr 08

I am changing my ISP next week as the one I am with at the moment cannot provide me with broadband and I am fed up with dial-up. My new ISP has assured me that it will be easy to install but I dont know if I have to un-install anything first. Can anyone help or am I talking a load of rubbish?

Chrissie R

wis 21:19 28 Apr 08

the guys here will help but tell us the new provider

oldbeefer2 09:49 29 Apr 08

No, you won't have to uninstall. The broadband connection is from a different port on the PC to it's router/modem; this should come with instructions on how to set it up to access the net and how to set up your (new) email. You will have to have a new email address, which is a bit of a nuisance!

tullie 03:31 01 May 08

Dident know there was a ISP that dident provide broadband,out of interest who is it?

Chrissy R 15:45 01 May 08

Am with Virgin at the moment and they say there is no capacity for broadband in my area.

Chrissy R

Chrissy R 15:47 01 May 08

Thanks for the info oldbeefer2, Fingers crossed.

Chrissy R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…