change ip address netgear dg843g wireless router

jay.p 19:37 09 Jun 07

how do i do this as aol help said i cannot connect as the router ip address is different to theirs.he said i should get a technition as the pc ip address is different ( i think) and then put the phone down THANKS A LOT.
i cant find a way to access the router.
sorry if this is a bit vague but so was the chappy on aol helpline so not sure if pc ip prob or router ip prob.
spent 2 days trying to connect so far and is driving me mental. please help

rdave13 20:21 09 Jun 07

Did you buy the router from AOL with the disk?

jay.p 20:23 09 Jun 07

no but i did use their aol's install software which i downloaded. also tried netgear cd.

jay.p 20:30 09 Jun 07

get as far as entering password for aol but it won,t connect to the internet.
perhaps i need to access the router settings somehow.

rdave13 20:33 09 Jun 07

The netgear router is it v3?

jay.p 20:34 09 Jun 07

sorry marge 7 you were too quick.
i have their ip address not sure what else ( at work at mo ). can i get access to router set up page with no internet access.

rdave13 20:34 09 Jun 07

Have a look at the connect to AOL section, click here

jay.p 20:40 09 Jun 07

thanks marge and rdave i will have a look when i get home in the morning ( at work on nights ) and post back.
many thanks

rdave13 20:56 09 Jun 07

One important thing is that you must assign a new screen name for the router in lower case with the @ aol . com after it with password. The screen name must have General (18+) access in AOL's parental controls. Create this screen name before installing the router of course.
Install using the ethernet cable.

Some settings if you might try to set up manually,

Connection Protocol: PPPoE

ATM Encapsulation Type: LLC

VPI:0 VCI: 38

Manual says AOL network runs at an MTU of 1450.

mak15511 21:14 09 Jun 07

OR

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection > Properties > (select) Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) > Properties > (tick) Obtain Ip address automatically + Obtain DNS server address automatically

Hopefully that works not sure....
If not, ohwell :D

MAK

jay.p 01:29 11 Jun 07

tried what mak15511 and rdave said but no joy.
if i click on properties on my network card and advanced i think it says no network address present or similar. i say think as i am on a pc at work.is there an address i can get from somewher or is this normal as i have obtain ip address automatically checked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…