Change internet connection password?

Pererin 17:44 14 May 05

I want to chnage my internet connection password and I cannot find any help in XP help and support.I use a dial-up system for broadband as I do not want always on broadband. If anyone can help me I would be very grateful. I have looked on the internet connections on properties etc, but no luck. Thanks

mattyc_92 17:56 14 May 05

You have to do it through your ISP's website or normally the software they give you when you register with them

Stuartli 18:01 14 May 05

All you need to do, if you don't wish to change the password via your ISP's website facility, is to uncheck Save Password on the DialUp panel and re-enter the password manually when you use your broadband connection.

Even better would be to change the password and then uncheck Save Password, in case anyone does know your current password.

Stuartli 18:04 14 May 05

By the way, XP's Help and Support files are connected with matters appertaining to the operating system.

You needed to use Internet Explorer's Help files in this case or, in the case of e-mails etc, Outlook Express Help files.

Pererin 20:28 15 May 05

Thanks once again folks problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…