Change Hard Drive

Spr 12:29 17 Sep 06

Running Windows XP if I take the Hard Drive out of mime and put it inot anpther PC will it work.
I am having problems trying to load in Windows XP on my Hard Drive so I thognht if I loaded it in on a friends PC will it run?
The problem I'm haveing is I went to upgrade/re-install windows it loads up to 13 min left then it locks up when I reboot it tries to keep installing windows. I cannot not format I am stuck

Strawballs 12:38 17 Sep 06

No that won't work because it will install the drivers for the motherboard for the other machine which when put back in your machine will conflict with your drivers.

Then there is the question of windows activation because when when you install XP it makes a note of the system that it is being install on and if too much changes it doesn't like it.

Taff™ 12:49 17 Sep 06

First I would back up all your data on your HDD. Put it in your friends machine as a slave drive (Change the Jumper setting) and copy all your precious files.

Return it to the original machine and try a Repair Install. You will need a copy of XP to do this. Boot off the CD by changing the BIOS boot order and follow these nstructions carefully. DO NOT USE REPAIR CONSOLE.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017