Change Graphics Card -

jdb 16:55 29 Jul 08

I have an old (7 years +) AMD Athlon PC which is used as a "spare" but has the network printer and a scanner attached. The OS is Windows XP.
The screen suddenly failed - "No Connection" came up - but the monitor works when connected to my laptop.
So, presumably it is the graphics card that is the problem?
Have removed the card and it is a "TNT M64 32Mb SDRAM" card. Googling that shows it was the bees knees some 7 or 8 years ago! However it seems I need to replace it and have found new cheap cards like "MSI GeForce 7300LE 128MB DDR2 PCIE DVI" for £15. What are the features I have to be aware of to ensure the new card will work on my PC?
Thank you.

citadel 17:23 29 Jul 08

you need to know if your motherboard has an agp slot or ordinary pci. pci express cards will not fit. download your motherboard manual for info.

Ditch999 17:34 29 Jul 08

CPUZ will tell you if you have AGP or PCIe slot click here

jdb 17:36 29 Jul 08

I've looked on the link here
click here

and my PC has an AGP slot (as well as some PCI slots). The old card came from the AGP slot.

jdb 17:41 29 Jul 08

Citadel, OK, I see what you mean, the card I mentioned had "PCIE" in the title - so that would be no good. Further down the Dabs page is:
"Dabs Value NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR AGP VO"
so presumably that would be OK?
Thanks
John B

citadel 17:47 29 Jul 08

yes agp cards are ok.

jdb 18:26 29 Jul 08

Citadel and others - many thanks for your help.
John B

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…