Change Freebie download path

audia4 15:10 08 Mar 07

I have webaroo installed, All programme details and Cache data on D: as I have crashed the C: drive before and will probably do so again and I do not want to lose this data.

PC Advisor Nov 2006 supplied Wikipedia (a 5 Gig download) with setup.exe which loads all on c:

Question: Any way of rediverting the download to my existing library on D:
Thanks.

Jackcoms 15:16 08 Mar 07

Why install/download Wikipedia at all when it's available here? click here

audia4 15:25 08 Mar 07

First a correction, I have the programme on C: and the data on D: On rereading my initial post this was not clear.
Answer to Jackoms. I am on dial up with limited hours. The value of Webaroo is in its offline use. I had Wikipedia before and I found it of great use, Then came the great cockup and I had to reload Windows

xania 15:26 08 Mar 07

You should be able to chnage your default download location, especially if you use a download manager. If not, simply wait until the download is complete and move it to where you want to store it.

audia4 15:39 08 Mar 07

Sorry, that does not work If you move it in the normal way it loses the link and you cannot read the library

xania 09:46 09 Mar 07

In that case, you may be stuck with it, but you may be able to move the program after its installed. You will need special software for this - take a look at this thread

click here

audia4 17:59 15 Mar 07

xania, many thanks, I have checked out a few items that came up from your suggestion and decided in this instance it would be better to start from scratch. I removed the programme and library and reloaded. This time I was able to change the path and setup the library on D: before I loaded the Wikipaedia . It works. Everything else I can replace in time.
Thanks again, I now have a little more knowledge than before

xania 09:59 19 Mar 07

Can you please mark this thread as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now