change format from 'mp3' to 'mid' for a phone

Pererin 13:21 03 Jan 09

Hi guys, hope you can help me? I bought a Samsung phone and want to change the message tone to a sound that I will be able to hear and recognize more easily. Have downloaded sounds from Zedge which I have always used with my other phone(nokia) but cannot use the message tones as I found out that they are 'mid' format on the Samsung phone. The tones that come with the phone are not easily identifiable to me and I am having trouble hearing them. Any ideas guys, I am sure I read somewhere once that you can change a music file format to something else but I cannot remember. Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

Zorgalite 14:04 03 Jan 09

You can use wavetomidi; click here to convert from a wave file to a midi file, but if its a mp3 you will have to convert to wave first. there is other free software for that also, such as; click here
Hope this helps.

Pererin 14:17 03 Jan 09

Thanks guys I will try this and let you know - have read somewhere this morning that the Samsung phone does not allow customizing the message tones which is rather odd as you are able to change the ringing tone. Will let you know if I am able to change it.

Pererin 15:03 03 Jan 09

Zorgalite, I have tried your site but the first one keeps changing to harmonicbits.com as soon as I click on the download button. Don't know what I am doing wrong but cannot access the download. Will try again later.

Zorgalite 22:14 03 Jan 09

Oops. Sorry. I assumed that it was ok because i had downloaded it at sometime in the past (wavetomidi V2.2, and still have the app on my computer) and it was ok then, but i see that this one is trying to redirect you to some other site. I should have checked it myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac