Change of font size

exdragon 22:17 30 Aug 05

Hi - what would suddenly cause a font to change size? A friend of mine says his email, internet banking and other 'personal stuff' is shown in large font. I've told him to check Display Properties/Appearance, but he says this is shown correctly as Normal. Don't really know what to suggest that he can check next! He reckons he hasn't knowingly changed anything.

Does anyone have any idea, please?

VoG II 22:28 30 Aug 05

View | Text Size or hold down the CTRL key and rotate the wheel on the mouse.

DieSse 22:43 30 Aug 05

As I'm sure VoG™ meant to say first "Whilst in Internet Explorer ...."

Just for clarity sake.

exdragon 23:20 30 Aug 05

Thanks a lot - that sounds as if it could have easily been something he would have done without realising! I'll tell him to try it

Stuartli 13:59 31 Aug 05

The reason is caused by the font size mysteriously altering in IE's View>Text size menu.

The generally accepted default is Medium and the setting is also used by OE (which again has a View>Text size choice available when an e-mail is open).

It may take one or two attempts to get OE to stick to the Medium setting.

exdragon 15:05 31 Aug 05

Yes, that's it - thanks to all! The person concerned is a bit of a 'tweaker' without realising it!!

exdragon 15:05 31 Aug 05

Yes, that's it - thanks to all! The person concerned is a bit of a 'tweaker' without realising it!! He's sorted it now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…