change flash drive icons

stephen0205 22:21 26 Nov 06

hi ther my flash drive looks well kl and i plug it in and the icon is crap so i wanted to change it and i got a link to a guide on how 2

click here

but i trie it and it dosent work it shows the one that opens the select program from list one .... like a missing one and i follewed it correcty and had an icon file so can some one help... i used the guide on the link above.

skidzy 22:38 26 Nov 06

To change the icon:

1. Open My Computer and browse to the folder that you want.
2. Right-click the folder, and then click Create Shortcut. If you are prompted to place the shortcut on the desktop, click Yes.
3. Right-click the shortcut you created, click Properties, and then click Change Icon.
4. Click the picture of the icon you would like the shortcut to use, click OK, and then click OK.

I think this is what you mean,sorry but your post was not very easy to understand.

stephen0205 22:49 26 Nov 06

hi sorry it was hard to understand but i want the icon to be changed on all pc's on the drive not just a desktop shortcut on my pc. Have a look at the guide

skidzy 23:17 26 Nov 06

Have you converted the image to ico.

BRYNIT 00:31 27 Nov 06

Make sure the icon is in the .ico format

Put icon onto flash drive

3. Open up notepad and type the following code inside:

[AUTORUN]
ICON=ICON.ico

Example if the icon is named fred.ico type

[AUTORUN]
ICON=fred.ico

Make sure you saved it as Autorun.inf. and is saved on the flash drive.

Open the flash drive and double check that the file has been saved as Autorun.inf if not right click on file and rename.

Disconnect your flash drive and place it back in, and the image should appear. If not you’ll need to reboot your PC.

I have just tried this and it does work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009