change file extension

chippy+ 09:56 16 May 05

hi
could anyone help i am looking for a free file conversion program to convert various files ie.
wdb to exel the wdb is a works data base file but idont have works installed thanks chippy

Diemmess 12:36 16 May 05

It is possible that you already have the software.

Excel being the fully fledged one, has an option to "Open Files" > "Files of type" - Microsoft Works files.

My Excel is 97 and the option is for Works 2, yours may be different.

octal 13:11 16 May 05

As Diemmess says. Check your help files as well, this is an extract from Office 2000 help:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Excel cannot open a file because the appropriate file converter is not available, open the file in the program it was created in, and then save it in a file format that Excel can open — as a text file, for example.

You can also open a file from another program by clicking Find on the Tools menu (File menu, Open command), and then searching for the file. For example, to search for a Lotus 1-2-3 file, select Files of type in the Property box, and then select Lotus 1-2-3 Files in the Condition box. Make sure you remove all items from the Find files that match these criteria box, click Add to List, and then click Find Now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

chippy+ 14:14 16 May 05

hi thanks Diemmess
I have office 2003 and it is works 2 i had tried to open the file by going into properties open with and changed wdb file to exel but it didn't work will give your idea a shot when my wife lets me know where she has put the file thanks again chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…