Change from FAT32 to NTFS

Dazwm 18:47 22 Jun 03

I have XP and what to convert from FAT32 to NTFS. I have tried using Partition Magic but it won't work can you recommend any other programs

VoG® 18:51 22 Jun 03
  BBez 19:26 22 Jun 03

open a command prompt by going to start, run then type "cmd" without the quotes then type "convert x: /fs:ntfs" without the quotes, replacing x for the required drive you want to convert, and leaving a space between the : and /.

Reboot pc which'll convert the drive

powerless 19:29 22 Jun 03

Backup your data before you begin to convert.

BBez 19:37 22 Jun 03

sorry VoG, just checked your link after I posted...

Dazwm 20:18 22 Jun 03

I have tried doing the above but when it restarts it keeps saying insufficient memory

BBez 23:45 22 Jun 03

don't know about the memory thing, i'm ruuning 320MB SDRAM...

Dazwm 18:17 23 Jun 03

I have got 512ddr so I don't know why it is saying insufficient memory. Any ideas anyone please?

Dazwm 18:39 28 Jun 03

I still haven't resolved this, can anyone help please?

-pops- 06:16 29 Jun 03

How much space do you have on your hard drive?

I think that during the converting, it uses a huge amount of disk space for doing whatever it is doing and if it doesn't have this space, it gives you that message. You get the space back when it's finished, of course.

As I say, I'm not certain of that but on conversions I have done in the past, there is always a lot of hard drive activity going on which leads me to suggest this.

Brian

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:50 29 Jun 03

would it be possible to run win 98 with Ntfs,without havin xp?,and if it is how can you change it to that ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…