Change Email Address for PCA Forum

Gary 13:00 07 Oct 04

I have changed my email address and want to update my profile for this forum. When I go into "Update your details" at the top of the page I can enter my new email address. However, when I then click apply, it says there's an error because the username I've picked is already in use! Can anyone tell me how I can get around this? I've contacted PCA but so far have not received a response.

On a related matter, does anyone know how to change the email address to which .NET passports are registered (i.e. MSN Messenger user accounts)? The help pages at Microsoft say that if I log in to my profile I can click a button below my email address that says "I need to change this". However, that button isn't there when I log in! I've emailed MS but despite their promise in an Auto-Reply of a response within 1 working day, I'm still waiting!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Gary

bretsky 13:34 07 Oct 04

However, when I then click apply, it says there's an error because the username I've picked is already in use??????

Do you mean your nickname?

bretsky :0)

john-232317 13:45 07 Oct 04

There is no mention of username in the form ???

"If you change your e-mail address, a new password will be assigned and sent to you. After updating your details you will be automatically logged out and will have to use your new e-mail address and password in order to log back in."

Do you have an email in your new inbox ?

Gary 18:33 07 Oct 04

I mean "Nickname", not "Username".
The error occurs when I click submit after typing my new email address and says I can't continue because the Nickname I have chosen is already in use.

Anyone got any ideas re. MSN?

Gary

JonnyTub 18:43 07 Oct 04

why not try changing your username to something different (temporarily), update your details, then go to changing your email address and choose your original username, the reason it says it's already in use i believe

spuds 19:37 07 Oct 04

I think that you may find,this is the reason for some people re-registering under a new user name.A problem with the update procedure. The Forum Editor will have the answer, and no doubt he will reply shortly.

Graham ® 19:49 07 Oct 04

I shall be changing my email address shortly. JonnyTub's suggestion sounds spot on. Now, what to change to, temporarily? Can I get up to mischief this way. :-)

Graham ® 20:01 07 Oct 04

Simple, log out and log in again.

Graham 123 20:05 07 Oct 04

It changed to 'Logged in as' above without logging out/in>

JonnyTub 20:07 07 Oct 04

I apologise, i wrote my earlier response one handed whilst trying to feed a 2 year old. It's not very well written, but i think you guys see the logic, have you tried it?

Mind you it could be browser related as crx1600 (bike?) suggests.

Graham ® 20:07 07 Oct 04

Back to Graham ®.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…