Change Email

jim63 11:39 23 Sep 07

Just purchased new desktop with Vista. I want to use my Hotmail address when contacting firms etc.
How do I change the email address on pc which is outlook express etc

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:57 23 Sep 07

Hotmail is web based so do not use windows mail.

G

jim63 12:16 23 Sep 07

Do I have to made hotmail my default. If so how do I do that

DJ-Garry 12:22 23 Sep 07

You cannot use web based web services through outlook express.
It is a server based system via your service provider and works on the pop3 system.
I don't know of any way to get outlook express to access your hotmail accounts.

You can log onto your hotmail account from any computer (with web access) in the world as long as you have your password with you.
The best you can do is create a little shortcut to the log in page and dump it on your desktop for easy access to it, but thats a bout it.
One in hotmail you can forward recieved emails to your standard email adress, then you will have access to them in outlook express.

VoG II 12:30 23 Sep 07

click here but as far as I know this will only work with Hotmail accounts that have existed for several years or paid-for Hotmail.

jim63 12:42 23 Sep 07

+Not sure you follow what I mean. Will try to explain. When I am on internet and viewing a certain site like Bt and I wish to contact them via email from their site It brings up outlook express. On my old pc when I I contacted site it used my hotmail emails. I was able to to do this by setting my hotmail email to do this but cannot remember how it was done

TonyM 12:50 23 Sep 07

You need to make "Windows Live mail" your default email client...from Internet Explorer:

Tools/ Internet Options / Programs Tab / ...make your selection in the email drop down list.

brundle 15:31 23 Sep 07

A bit fiddly to set up but I used it before switching to Googlemail.
click here

brundle 15:32 23 Sep 07

Just saw your last response, scratch that suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…