change e mail address for a download

henry1 10:27 17 Dec 09

I am running vista in AOL and I have bought a program that I need to download but I need to change my e mail address to the one the seller has sent me the details of but I cannot find a way to change my e mail address

johndrew 10:34 17 Dec 09

Your e-mail address is `registered` with your ISP (AOL) and, to the best of my knowledge, cannot be changed without a new account being formed.

I am confused by the apparent need to change your e-mail address to download the software as this is done from the suppliers` site or a CD is posted to you or perhaps both.

When you purchased the software you are likely to have provided your e-mail address for the key to be sent to - I presume you provided your address and not an incorrect one? The same applies if you registered on the site.

You will need to provide more information for any more help to be provided.

Sea Urchin 11:00 17 Dec 09

How can the seller send you details of YOUR email address? As johndrew says you would advise the seller of your address, and any info would be sent to that.

The actual process of downloading doesn't need an email address - unless perhaps the seller sends you a link to access the download.

peter99co 11:32 17 Dec 09

I need to change my e mail address to the one the seller has sent me the details of

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…