Change of e-mail address

Me 15:40 04 Apr 03

How can I get PC Advisor's web site to accept my change of e-mail address without it making me change my "nickname"?

pj123 15:44 04 Apr 03

Just click on update details at the top of this list and change you email address leave all other details the same

yonex24562 15:45 04 Apr 03

I changed my e-mail address the other day and the only thing that had to be changed was my password, a new password was sent to my new address and once logged in I changed the password back to my old one. At no time was I told I had to change my nickname. Hope this helps, cheers

beeuuem 15:50 04 Apr 03

Go to 'update details'at the top of the page and put in your new address. If you change your e-mail address, a new password will be assigned and sent to you. After updating your details you will be automatically logged out and will have to use your new e-mail address and password in order to log back in.
You can then change your password in 'update details' to the one you prefer to use.

Me 15:50 04 Apr 03

Sorry pj123, that's what I tried to do in the first place. But when I press 'Submit', it says "Sorry, that nickname is in use". Of course it is, it's mine!

Me 15:54 04 Apr 03

Actually it also insists I fill in the (currently blank) address field. Maybe I'm not filling it in exactly as I did when I joined, but how am I to know?

Megatyte 16:12 04 Apr 03

When you access the 'update details' page the name and address fields should already be filled in. Are you giving the page time to load?

pj123 16:28 04 Apr 03

Yes, I see what you mean. When I last changed my email address all I did was just update my email and left everything else as it was. It worked perfectly.

I just tried it again, to another email address, and I get "the email or password is incorrect".

I did a complete re-registration with a new email address and a new nickname, but when i log in under the new details and go to "my postings" they are still there??? PCA must have must have changed the system.

perhaps we should contact the Moderator?? and find out why?

Me 16:37 04 Apr 03

Thanks for that, I took your advice and I'll let you know what happens.

pj123 16:39 04 Apr 03

I have emailed the Moderator asking him/her to read and respond to this thread. Let's wait and see.

pj123 16:57 04 Apr 03

The strangest thing about all this change of email address is: that although I log in under my new details any responses I make to threads are still listed under my old nickname and password???? which is pj123 the new nickname that I entered was eagle1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…