Change the drive destination - My Documents folder

webber_man 16:50 05 Mar 06

Hi,

My parents have a PC with 2 hard drives (C and D) and because of the small(ish) size of the C drive i have set up folders etc within the D drive. They use this drive to store all their personal data including photos and files.

What i would like to do to make things easier for them is for them to be able to access these files via the Start Menu in the normal way. Eg. Start > My Documents > My Photo's ...etc.

But the way things are at the moment this only brings up the folders within the C drive. Is there anyway to change this so that the folders/files stored on the D drive can be accessed in this way?

...i hope that's clear!!! Thanks for any help and suggestions.

VoG II 16:55 05 Mar 06

Move My Documents to the D drive click here

Make sure no documents are open when you do this. Then drag the folders on D into My Documents.

rawprawn 16:59 05 Mar 06

Click on the folder you want in the Start/Programs menu and drag it to the Start/Programs menu. The Start/Programs menu will open if you hold the icon over it then drop it where you want.

fitshase 17:30 05 Mar 06

right click on my documents and select the new location for your documents.

Fitshase

webber_man 17:33 05 Mar 06

Thanks!

That was quick! Had been looking at the screen all day. Because i hadn't had the 'My Documents' folder showing under Start and was just looking at 'My Pictures' i was a little lost.

Thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…