Change download manager in IE

bliksem 16:28 14 Jan 03
  bliksem 16:28 14 Jan 03

Hi, How do I change the download manager that i have installed from Download booster to Freshdownload. Everytime I try download IE opts for Dowload Booster - which I don't want to use.

Thanks.

D.

powerless 16:32 14 Jan 03

Cant say i've used download booster but check in the options menu or something like that.

Look for "integrate with IE" (or something similiar) Uncheck the box, close IE, now reopen IE and try downloading again.

tran1 17:03 14 Jan 03

Check for disable options in download booster or just unistall it.

Foolsbane_1 17:37 14 Jan 03

In FreshDownload go to Options/Integration tab and check the box to integrate with IE then select which integration method you want from the two available. If you are unsure try both and see which works best with your set-up.

I would suggest that, if you have FreshDownload, you might as well uninstall any other download managers you have. They will not be needed.

Stuartli 17:46 14 Jan 03

Foolsbane_1 is quite right. Presumably Download Manager is set as the default.

You can also right click on the download you want to acquire and select Use FD to Download.

Mac & Beth 18:32 14 Jan 03

Also on the integration tab check that "Check Default Download Manager" is checked. Next time you use FD it wil prompt you to make FD to default (if its not)

bliksem 07:40 15 Jan 03

Thanks for the help.....FD has now asked to be made the default.

D.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…