Change display adapter

Leepy Lee 12:48 16 Dec 04

Hi,
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to change the display adapter that my laptop uses. It has defaulted to a vga adapter 800x600, 16 colours, which does not fill the screen. This is the the only option available on the Properties, Settings tab for the display.

I can install different adapters from the CD, but how do I make the machine use a different adapter?

Any help etc etc....

Cheers all.

Jeffers22 12:53 16 Dec 04

Sounds like it has gone back to the windows default. Maybe a problem with or corruption of the installation of the drivers for the "proper" adapter. Can only suggest taking a look in Control Panel to see what is there by way of adapter and then try to install from CD. May be necessary to remove existing then reboot.

Then installation of a new adapter will override the basic windows VGA adapter.

Graham ® 13:28 16 Dec 04

This could be the result of a function key command. Look for the Fn key, bottom right. Pressing this plus another (may be F5)will toggle between external monitor, projector, etc.

Fn is also used to adjust other settings such as brightness.

Graham ® 13:31 16 Dec 04

A guide to 'monitor' switches click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…