change default "save as" in XP

kangawallafox 05:28 15 Jan 05

Hi all,
was wondering if any kind soul could tell me how to change the default "my documents" folder to one of my own choosing when saving please.
I'm using windows XP pro.

ICF 06:13 15 Jan 05

First make a folder.
Name it.
Then when presented with the save as window there is a drop down menu called save in.Drop this down and find your folder select it and name it (only if you don't like the present name).

kangawallafox 07:47 15 Jan 05

yes, I know how to do that. I'm not stupid. (which, ICF, is what your response implies)
If you had read my post correctly then you would know that what I want to do is to change the default so I don't have to continually select a folder other than "my documents"

Jackcoms 08:10 15 Jan 05

kangawallafox

Are you expecting help from this Helproom Forum?

If so, I suggest that some basic politeness would be in order.

VoG II 08:21 15 Jan 05
  john-232317 08:35 15 Jan 05

I cant believe i read that reply, i totally agree with Jackcoms.

keith-236785 09:11 15 Jan 05

some peoples arrogance is unbelievable, i will NOT be helping this person.

rawprawn 09:19 15 Jan 05

Nor I.

Diodorus Siculus 09:49 15 Jan 05

It may be under tools, options, file locations, and choose modify.

kangawallafox 09:59 15 Jan 05

"some peoples arrogance is unbelievable"
I agree.
I'm treated like I'm an idiot and I get jumped on because I take offence at this???
If this is the sort of "help" offered here, then I will gladly find somewhere where people are NOT treated like idiots simply for asking a question.
It is because of things like this that some people refrain from asking questions. they are afraid of being treated like idiots.
Would I be correct in considering it obvious that the rest of you feel that it was ok for ICF to answer as if I'm stupid, but not ok for me to take offense at being treated like an idiot??

I have asked questions (and tried helping with solutions) in this forum in the past, adn always been treated (and treated others) with respect.

That is untill today.

I still can't believe that it is ok to treat posters like idiots and then jump on the poster for taking offence.

If this is what this board has come to then I will gladly take my questions and knowledge elsewhere.

Diodorus Siculus 10:04 15 Jan 05

kangawallafox - have you had a look at what I suggested at 09:49

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…