Change default Email

Terry Brown 08:20 18 Sep 10

When I open an Email link from a web page, it defaults to Outlook Express, and I would prefer it to default to Virgin media.

Is there any way this can be done ?

Yes, I know the risks and it is only for sites I know to be safe.

Thanks
Terry

birdface 09:09 18 Sep 10

Is there nothing on Virgins e-mail that says make this my default mail provider.If so click it.

rawprawn 09:30 18 Sep 10

What OS?, but go to control panel and look for set Defaults. In Windows 7 it's plain "Set Defaults"

Nontek 10:15 18 Sep 10

In XP it is Start>Program Access and Defaults ....

Woolwell 11:28 18 Sep 10

I guess the Terry Brown is thinking of defaulting to Virgin Media webmail rather than opening his e-mail program. I don't think that this is possible.

With OE it should be XP.

Terry Brown 21:48 18 Sep 10

Woolwell

I have checked all the settings I can think of, including the Virginmedia ones, and it does not seem possible, as you say.

Nontek

You should be able to change from there, but you cannot have anything except Outlook.

Buteman

No there is nothing that allows you to switch from Outlook to Webmail, however you can set virginmedia to open it's mail in outlook.

:) Thanks for looking

Terry

Nontek 21:53 18 Sep 10

On mine (XP) I use Incredimail and have that set as my Default, exactly as I have said above. I never use Outlook or OE.

Woolwell 23:20 18 Sep 10

Webmail uses your browser. E-mail links in the browser look for an e-mail client eg OE, Windows Live Mail, Thurnderbird or Incredimail or Outlook.
As far as I am aware it isn't possible to open webmail from an e-mail link as it doesn't know which website to open.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced