change of broadband

bebo 19:25 09 Jul 06

i am with pipex broadband 250kb?s i am thinking of going with talk talk package talk3 international just wonding if anyone can advise ,if the have anything bad.
(thank you )

palinka 19:47 09 Jul 06

I don't know of anything. I'm happy with pipex. A friend seems equally happy with talk talk. But a word of warning about any change - will you still be a BT customer for your phone line? If NOT, then you will lose some features that you might not want to lose - such as the free answer-phone service on 1571.
Mention it only because another friend switched to a different provider to get cheaper calls, but hadn't realised he would lose BT features that he used. He's now switched back to BT.

bebo 19:52 09 Jul 06

i am already with talk talk for my calls so i don't get bt answer or caller display at the moment.

ade.h 20:01 09 Jul 06

The two principal issues that are raised seem to be the lengthy waiting time to get on the service and the throttling and unreliability experienced by those already on the service.

I do not know anyone who has opted for Talk Talk, but of those who are broadband users, there are 3 BT customers (all thoroughly narked off) 2 F2S customers including me (very happy) 1 Zen customer ( very happy) plus a bunch of others who are fairly happy to varying degrees.

bebo 09:38 16 Jul 06

my mate took his computer to the computer shop and got a full reinstall £30 if is windows cd was not genuine it would have cost him £110

Stuartli 09:56 16 Jul 06

If you are with TalkTalk3 International you still have a BT line - Carphone Warehouse pays the £11 line rental to BT on your behalf, but doesn't need to pay quite as much as you would do...:-)

The BT features can be enabled on the TalkTalk website if you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…