chanel change

chippy+ 20:13 PM 16 May 11

hi when i look at my wireless config and rescan i see 3 connections 1) my own chanel 9

2) neigbour chanel 5

3)neighbour chanel 9

i changed mine to 6 to keep a seperate chanel but no matter what i change it to 3) neighbour changes to the same as mine what is happening thanks Chippy

mgmcc 21:10 PM 16 May 11

Neighbour's router may be configured to set the Channel number automatically, but I don't know why it should always alter to the same one that you're using. Is being on the same channel actually causing you a problem, such as an unstable wireless connection?

lucky1 21:23 PM 16 May 11

If your broadband connection is not secure (your wireless config should show whether it is or not) maybe your neighbour is using it also? Just a thought.

chippy+ 15:26 PM 17 May 11

hi mgmcc and lucky1

thanks for the reply no the chanel is not giving me any trouble it reports 100% 54mbps it could be as mgmcc says he could have it set to auto i just find it strange when i change the neighbours change also thanks Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued