chanel change

chippy+ 16 May 11

hi when i look at my wireless config and rescan i see 3 connections 1) my own chanel 9

2) neigbour chanel 5

3)neighbour chanel 9

i changed mine to 6 to keep a seperate chanel but no matter what i change it to 3) neighbour changes to the same as mine what is happening thanks Chippy

mgmcc 16 May 11

Neighbour's router may be configured to set the Channel number automatically, but I don't know why it should always alter to the same one that you're using. Is being on the same channel actually causing you a problem, such as an unstable wireless connection?

lucky1 16 May 11

If your broadband connection is not secure (your wireless config should show whether it is or not) maybe your neighbour is using it also? Just a thought.

chippy+ 17 May 11

hi mgmcc and lucky1

thanks for the reply no the chanel is not giving me any trouble it reports 100% 54mbps it could be as mgmcc says he could have it set to auto i just find it strange when i change the neighbours change also thanks Chippy

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message