Chained menus

ikle_pixie 15:02 24 Jun 05

I want to be able to create something where the user makes choices out of 3 catergories. Only one out of each catergory and when they press "go" a page comes up with the images from their choices. I've had a mess with a chained menu i downloaded but am having diffictulties installing it. Anyone got an easier way?

mattyc_92 15:32 24 Jun 05

click here

That will show you how to create a "drop-down" list, but it doesn't include a "Go" button (as sson as the user selects a category, it goes to tbat selection)

ikle_pixie 15:33 24 Jun 05

similar to that, but i want 3 of them in a row...

Micklemass 19:29 24 Jun 05

hello mattyc_92

Looks as if that's what I need and had a quick play with it and even managed this time to understand it all.

Give me another challenge

Cheers
Mick

Micklemass 19:46 24 Jun 05

hello Matty

Should have said gives not give.

Have tested a menu and use the WC3 validation 4.01 which comes up with the following (for better or for worse)

Line 19, column 12: required attribute "ACTION" not specified

<tr> <FORM><SELECT ONCHANGE="window.location.href = this.options[selectedIndex

The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt" attribute is required for the "img" element.

Typical values for type are type="text/css" for <style> and type="text/javascript" for <script>.

Works fine but would like to keep the validation

Cheers Mick

mattyc_92 20:23 24 Jun 05

I see what you mean.... O well... It still works (even if there is an error in the script..lol)

Thanks for telling me though

Micklemass 20:28 24 Jun 05

Not bothered about the error too much matty. Just wondered if you knew a way round it as it's all double dutch to me as mentioned before.

Might make the site clearer to navigate which is more important and blow the validation.

mattyc_92 20:30 24 Jun 05

Can't really think at the mo, probably someone else will be able to sort that error...

It still works perfectly, so there is nothing to worry about....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…