CGI problem

inspector gadget 11:28 08 Feb 04

I am trying to get a free cgi counter to work seems simple but it has come up with the error [MC Error: Error determining file] the program is multicount which I got from click here any Ideas folks I am a cgi newbie

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:31 08 Feb 04

I dont know what a cgi file is or does ,but the error suggests it cant find the path to the file it needs or the file is missing.

Regards.

inspector gadget 11:44 08 Feb 04

quick responce but it is running the script ok from the web page it may be a problem with permissions in the directory I am looking into this

Forum Editor 11:50 08 Feb 04

to the WebDesign forum - you'll get plenty of help there.

barryoneoff.co.uk 14:10 08 Feb 04

did you create the site with?

jgosden 21:03 08 Feb 04

put the link to where your counter is on the site

inspector gadget 07:15 10 Feb 04

click here is the page I was trying to get it to work on. I am trying to get 2 different counters to work but no luck with either. I have put the output directory in a folder in the cgibin could this be a problem ??

inspector gadget 21:25 10 Feb 04

I have moved the output directory out of the cgibin but this has made no differance to the result. The scripts seemed so easy to use only a few changes to be made to get them running, or so I thought! Any suggestions would be helpful.

Forum Editor 23:43 10 Feb 04

that the first line of your script was modified to show the path to Perl on your host's server? If you don't so this the script won't work.

On a Unix server the default path will normally be:

#!usr/bin/perl.

A Windows IIS server doesn't need a path, it will automatically execute scripts with the .pl extension.

inspector gadget 00:17 11 Feb 04

click here this could be the same problem as I am also with streamlinenet.co.uk I have tried the change the file permissons to no avail. I am on a windows server as I was unsure about unix. Total webhosting newbie. I will get in touch with streamline to see if this is my problem.

Thanks for all the advise

gadget

Forum Editor 00:24 11 Feb 04

you might need to set the path to Perl. For instance:

#!C:/perl/bin/perl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…