cfg files

highside 12:28 25 Nov 10

Not too sure what the question is exactly and there may not be an answer but wondered if any of you software people might comment please?

I have photo editing software (called Nikon Capture NX2)One feature is it lets you add keywords to images and although you can delete a keyword from an image you cannot delete any from the actual keyword list which is automatically created by default. The list gets put of hand.
This is correct and Nikon aknowledge it.

So I have tried to use wordpad to delete keywords from where they are in the appropiate Nikon C:\.cfg files and can indeed delete them there but despite saving the changes to cfg the keyword list remains unaltered in the actual application.

Have tried the top Nikon forums to no avail.

Am I looking at this wrongly? I am not looking for Nikon program/application advice but comments on what I tried to do.

Thanks for any thoughts.

User-312386 13:27 25 Nov 10

Ok first ensure the nikon programme is not running in the background, hit ctrl alt delete and look to see if it is running i process list, if it is stop it! Next find the .cfg file and either delete it or cut and paste it to another location. Now fire up the nikon programme and it should create a new clean .cfg file.

highside 16:31 25 Nov 10

Many thanks for that, will give it a go this evening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5