cFcamera card stopped working with msgsrv not resp

rohar 14:03 08 Jun 04

Hi,

I am using a scandisk CF card for my canon A80 for months. I have also added Dragon speaking naturally with a dictaphone - still setting up the user files but now problems.

Took hundreds of photos at family event. Transferred the card full - no problems.

Used eject F (listed as mass storage device) to let me put the second CF card in. The system hung and explorer stopped showing the F drive.

Since then every time I put in the CF card reader the sytems hangs and when I look at the tasks it is always msgsrv 32 that is not responding.

I've looked at all the other posts but none seem to be applicable - I wonder if I have somehow screwed the drivers up?

PS. I have 2 usb ports and the CF card does not work in either!

Help ?

Graham ® 14:11 08 Jun 04

I found if I plugged the USB reader, with the card in, into the PC, it crashed. Now I plug it in whilst on standby, it wakes the PC, and I can view the pictures.

USB is generally 'hot pluggable', but not with card readers, apparantly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…