CF Cards and Airport x-rays

alcudia 14:25 13 Jun 03

Having just bought a digital camera I am wandering if there are any issues relating to CF Cards and aiprort x-ray machines.
If anyone has any information I would be grateful.

PA28 14:29 13 Jun 03

I have been through Airport X-Ray machines with Smart Media cards and there are no problems whatsoever. Smart Media is probably more vulnerable than CompactFlash. I believe that film is more likely to be damaged. No doubt a more technical explanation will be forthcoming, but my advice is don't worry - just make sure you don't lose the cards as this is a far higher risk.

-pops- 15:03 13 Jun 03

A relative, a passenger jet pilot takes a digital camera on every flight so his memory cards are X-rayed twice every flight he makes. He still uses the same cards as he did when he bought the camera two years ago and it works fine. He also has a laptop which flies with him frequently and which is likewise X-rayed with no problems so far.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…